Garage door issues can be a nuisance and cause homeowners headaches. Knowing what common garage door problems to look out for is key to keeping your door functioning properly. We’ve compiled a list of some of the most frequent garage door problems that occur, so you can stay one step ahead when it comes to maintaining your garage:
- Door Won’t Open or Close: This is one of the most common garage door issues, and it can be attributed to a faulty remote, incorrect setting, power problems, or broken internal components.
- Door Opens but Does Not Close: One reason your door may not close could be an obstruction. Check the area around your garage door for any obstacles preventing it from shutting completely.
- Door Opens and Closes Intermittently: This could indicate a problem with the wiring or motor, so it’s best to contact a certified technician for diagnosis and repair.
- Door Makes Strange Noises: Unusual sounds from your garage door could signal a problem with the springs, track, or opener.
- Door Stops Before Reaching the Floor: This issue can be caused by malfunctioning safety sensors or worn-out cables and rollers.
- Door Jumps Out of Track: If your door is jumping out of its track, it could be due to damaged rollers or bent tracks.
If you encounter any common garage door issues, call a professional for help. A certified technician will have the tools and expertise necessary to diagnose and repair the problem quickly and efficiently. Taking action as soon as you notice a potential problem can help you avoid severe damage and costly repairs in the future.